PPPproblem

     I have a Debisn 1.2 system which I had been using on the net at
one time.  For various reasons I had to stop using it and now I am
trying to get it going again however there is a problem with PPP.  In
the ppp.log file the dymamic ip addresses are acknolaged and a lock
established then there is a line that says that it is attempting to
add an ethernet address to the arp table.  What ethernet address? his
or mine?  If mine I don't have one and if his what should it care
since it is running via modem?  After this line the link is dropped.

     At other places amd at the end there are ppp.log entries that
say the line is not 8 bit clear and that bit 7 is 0.  What does this
mean?  At some point my ISP's system was taken out of service for
maintainance but it may have been at that point that I started
recieving this second error.

     Any help would be greatly appriciated.

     Chris