Re: lprm says "Permission denied" (fwd)

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, John Goerzen wrote:

> But that still doesn't solve the problem of viewing the Unix print
> queue from within Windows. That works with regular lpr, but not lprng.

i had no problems with the print queue when i used it on my system. this
was with win95, not win3 if that makes any difference. Unfortunately,
i can't check it again right now because i got sick of win95 crashing
all the time and reformatted the disk as a linux only machine....at
some time in the future i'll add another drive and make it dual boot
win95/linux.

sorry that this isn't any help to you, but all i can say is that i don't
recall that i had to do anything special to get it working.  i added
fairly obvious stuff to the smb.conf file (which i included in my last
message on this topic) and just connected to the printer on the win95 box
through the network neighbourhood browser.  In all, except for some
initial problems i had with PCL printing, it took about half an hour to
get up and running including RTFM.

have you tried hunting through the samba web site?  there is a lot of good
information about samba in there, as well as FAQs and archives of mailing
lists.  i don't recall the URL but it is easy to find from Yahoo etc.

also, lprng probably has a web site too - there may be good info there.
try an altavista search for 'samba near lprng' and other suitable search
phrases.

craig