Minimal Install

I came up with an interesting challenge for myself the other day...
Unfortunately, I can't even seem to get past square 1.

I have a spare system sitting aroud doing nothing, so I thought it might be
a good idea to put this guy to work as a fileserver/printserver. So far,
so good, right?

The problem is that I'm trying to do a debian install in less than 100
megs. Of course this means forgoing things like X, etc... But every time
I go through dselect and choose packages to remove, it refuses to comply!
Instead, it complains about failed dependancies, etc, that are listed as
ok. Does anyone know the magical combinations of packages to start out
with a simple system that I can add onto as I need to?

As a side note, here's what I wante this machine to eventually do (in order):

* Be mountable by my other Linux boxes
* Act as an IPX router (needed for next requirement?)
* Have some directories mountable (shared) by my Win95 boxes
* Act as a print server (using a local printer)
* Allow dial-in PPP/IPX (Win95)

As you can see, this means that I don't need many of the packages, and that
I need to get rid of some if I'm going to be sucessful in getting this in
under 100megs. Any ideas?

Thanks for any responses.

                Michael K Patterson, HP Software Engineer
   My opinions do not represent those of HP. If they do, it's coincidence.