Re: turning off computer

Your best bet is to use the "sudo" program or some such.  You can
establish groups of users and allow them to run predefined programs as
root by feeding sudo their OWN password.

For sanity sake, set your EDITOR environment variable to the editor of
your liking and then use the "visudo" command to edit the file which
defines the permissions - visudo will check for syntax errors, very
important for a tool which can allow some powerful permissions.

Once configured, a permitted user merely types "sudo reboot" and feeds it
his/her password.  Voila!

  --Pete
Peter J. Templin, Jr.                   Client Services Analyst
Computer & Communication Services       tel: (717) 524-1590
Bucknell University			templin@bucknell.edu