Re: lprm says "Permission denied" (fwd)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Craig Sanders wrote:
>On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
>> lprng has removed the possibility to automatically remove Files after
>> printing. This is however necessary to remove spooled jobs. How do you
>> work around this problem?
>I'm not sure what you mean. Files in the lprng spool directories do get
>automatically deleted after printing...so you must be talking about
>something else.
I must confess that it was long ago I tried to set up printing from Windows
clients with samba. It worked by copying the to-be-printed files to /tmp on
unix and issuing a lpr command. I then was puzzled about the many big files
in /tmp with strange names until I got the idea to add a "-r" switch to the
lpr command to remove files after printing. It worked from then on and I
never tried to setup anything and only remembered that the "-r" switch was
vital for operation with samba.

Nils

--
     \              /                        | Nils Rennebarth
    --* WINDOWS 42 *--                       | Schillerstr. 61
   Micro$oft's final answer                  | http://www.nus.de/~nils