Re: Big Problem!

From: BjS@hoexter.netsurf.de (Bjoern Starke)
> Setting up aout-xpm (3.4f1)
> ldconfig: Warning: Can*t open /usr/X11R6/lib/usr/lib/i486-linuxaout
> (no such file or directory), skipping.
> ldconfig: Warning: Can*t open usr/X11R6/lib/usr/X11R5/lib (no such
> file or directory),, skipping.

Some editing of /etc/ld.so.conf is called for, but this is harmless for
now. Remove directores that no longer exist from the file. BE CAREFUL,
if you mess up this file and run ldconfig, it might wedge your system until
you fix the file and run ldconfig again. Know where your rescue floppy is.

> 2) When i tryed to re-configure my x-Server_S3 wirh XF86Setup and the
> new configuration is started the following line is displayed (i ll
> only write down the first line):
> Couldn*t execute "/usr/X11R6/lib/XF86_SVGA. no such file or directory.

Not being much of an Xpert I don't know the exact problem, but I suspect:

1. You might want to start XF86_S3. Which configuration file has this
   pathname and not /etc/X/X11 ?

2. The X configuration program wants to run the vanilla SVGA server and
   it's not installed?

No doubt someone more cognizant with X will respond.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.