Re: rescue disk fails booting, cannot install ..

> So the solution for me would be the download the compressed root image
> of the rescue disk and rebuild a rescue disk using a kernel of my own.

Thanks to a message of

> From: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Writing to a boot floppy.

> If you mount the boot floppy that you created when you installed your
> system (-t msdos) you will see that it contains various files. The file
> named linux on the floppy is the kernel image file. When you rebuild your
> kernel, you will find the new image file in linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage,

I had not realized that the rescue disk has an msdos filesystem, so everything
i need should be now clear. I should only have to put my own kernel on the
floppy and go on. Sorry for the Bandwidth,

cheers,
stelios

Stelios Parnassidis <stel@ikaria.camelot.de>
Kapuzinerstr. 8, 80337 Muenchen, Germany, Tel. +49-089-7211505