Installation problem

Hi

It's been a while since I wrote about this but it's been a tough week. I
repeat my problem.

I'm trying to install debian linux on my computer. It works fine until I'm
supposed to partition my hard drive. Then fdisk complaints that it can't
seek on it. This is the message I get:

FATAL ERROR: Cannot seek on hard drive

I know that it really finds the drive since it's listed correctly when the
installation programme detects what hardware I've got. I've tried to change
the mode from LBA to NORMAL on the BIOS, but that doesn't do any good.

Has anyone got an idea of what's wrong?
|  _ \       | |/ /         | E-post: c95danka@und.ida.liu.se              |
| | | |      | ' /          | WWW   : http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~c95danka/ |
| | | |      |  <           | Tel   : 013 - 17 82 76                       |
| |_| |      | . \          | Adress: Rydsvägen 246 C:21 584 34 LINKÖPING  |