Re: Debian on the shuttle

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: David Gaudine <david@annette.concordia.ca>
> > Nor any suggestion that any other Linux distribution may have ever
> > existed.  It really sounds like the Debian team finished the job and
> > made Linux into a useable system.
>
> The task was not to write the history of Linux, it was to explain a
> difficult concept in a short space so that there would be some hope
> of explaining it to the public and the press without losing their
> attention. _You_only_get_one_page_. One must edit out a whole lot in
> this sort of work. I trust other Linux distributions to make their own
> press releases.

So we don't get into a situation where every one is just criticizing
bruce, I liked the Press Release.  that is all it was, a press release.
If they want to learn more about Linux, read the Linux Faq, or the info
sheet, or the meta faq.  Though we can probably have 1 line in each press
release about these, that is minor.

Shaya