Re: debian-newbie list

>> I'd like to see a standard for support questions that has people put
>> keywords in the subject line.

  No need for such complications. Debian-user is fun, and I like the
the subject lines the way they are. Sure, some answers are repeated, so what!
That is part of the fun, the audience guesses at the questions once more and
some day the ansers will settle, like jeopardy. Do not see anything wrong
here, except (of course) for the deselect-ftp, the crond, the clear screen,
the Netscape, and the syslogd questions. They are the ones that never end.
No big deal...

 If the user wants to scan the archieves, he scans the archieves. He
wants to post, he posts. He wants correct responses, he types
$ man <my_subject>. He wants his answers posted, debian will post them.

 Who is willing to read long lists on the web? If I must browse through
lists, I would rather read the long package manuals. We already have faqs,
howtos, min-howtos, /usr/doc, nag, uag. You don't want to read anything,
by all means, POST!

( in the-fastest-urls-are-my-D-and-ENTER-keys mode. )

Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida
Signed pgp-key on key server.