Re: debian-newbie list

Tim Sailer wrote:

> I'd subscribe and help where possible.
>
> Tim

Me too.  But I'd like to see a standard for support questions
that has people put keywords in the subject line.  Define a
set of keywords (like "lilo", "dselect", "format", etc.) that
can be used to categorize questions.  Then those individuals
who would like to focus on specific topics can filter by
keyword.

As things stand now, I have about 130 messages in my mailbox
each morning (and more arriving throughout the day).  The
first thing I do is scan the "subject" and "from" lines and
delete any that don't seem particularly interesting.  I would
be more inclined to offer help if I could focus on the topics
I feel knowledgable about.

Regards...
          ... Ami.