Re: Debian on the shuttle

It does say debian (GNU/Linux...is that ok Mr. Stallman??) is going to space
so you do have to expect the guys from debian, as any normal human, to talk
about themselves more and just mention Linus.  Basically I don't see any
wrong doing, therefore no reason to point fingers and yell, but it would
be nice to see Linus get some media attention.

All and all, as I have said before, it dosen't really matter whos name is
on it as long as it says Linux.  We are working together and because of that
some of us will get talked about at times and others at other times.  We are
brothers!

World domination fast!

Just my 2 cents.

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, David Gaudine wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Jonas Bofjall wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Yoav Cohen-Sivan wrote:
>>
>> > First and foremost - great going guys! But... It saddened me to see
>> > no mention of Linus' name in the article. He is more than just a
>>
>> Neither of Richard Stallman or the GNU team...
>
>Nor any suggestion that any other Linux distribution may have ever
>existed.  It really sounds like the Debian team finished the job and
>made Linux into a useable system.
>
>[relevant part of Bruce's quote brought back in]
>>   A Finnish college student started Linux in the early
>>   1990's, and was joined by others on the Internet who helped develop
>>   the system. We united Linux with free software contributed by other
>>   volunteers to make a complete system of 800 software packages.
>

>--

Jason Killen                            Question Stupidity
Monolith : driven by inner daemons      "My thoughts of despair are getting
jkillen@tinuviel.cs.wcu.edu               loud."   --Social D.