Re: libc/locale bug in strftime()?

>is the source of your greaf, your 'struct tm' is not properly initalized
>before a call to strftime().  You don't dynamically allocate your
>structure, but it is allocated on the runtime stack, therefore it most
>likely contains rubbish data, that breaks strftime().

Oops. Yes, you're right. I didn't think of that... *blush*

(Some history: I first found the bug when I noticed that a self-compiled
gnuplot 3.6beta-315 dumped core on its "set locale" command (which, among
other things, read the month names into gnuplot's internal structures). I
traced the bug to strftime() and wrote the test program I posted. But
apparently didn't think of valid initalisation...

I now got the newest beta of gnuplot (3.6beta-325), and it works (zeros the
struct tm before calling strftime()), so I guess someone else noticed the
bug too...)

By the way, thanks for the quick replies! I'm impressed. :)

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@spider.compart.fi, rjs@lloke.dna.fi