Re: 21041 dec-chip

: i have just installed debian on my machine, however the
: network is "unreachable." i have an smc with a 21041
: dec-chipset on it.  the module (tulip) was added without any
: problem upon installation. however when i rebooted the system
: i get these errors:

 This reminds me at the "cable not connected" problem that we have
with a new smc 8432BT EtherPower PCI card, sized just 70mm x 100mm,
connected to BNC.  The net works ok with another, 1 year old card, and
this new mini card has worked too for about 1 month.  With ezstart the
loopback test fails, even on a 2m cable, terminated with 2 resistors.
The generated and received electrical signals look ok (observed with a
digital scope), but the card doesn't be happy with them.  We called
for a new one.  (Do you see any messages in /var/log/messages?)
    - Andreas.

--
Uni Wuppertal, FB Elektrotechnik, Tel/Fax: (0202) 439 - 3009
Dr. Andreas Wehler;  wehler2@welfa4.elektro.uni-wuppertal.de