Re: How do they burn CD's?

----------
> From: Robert Nicholson <robert@elastica.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: How do they burn CD's?
> Date: Monday, February 17, 1997 6:08 AM
>
> What software does Cheapbytes and these other CD authoring firms use
> under Linux to cut a CD?
-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com

   We use mkisofs and cdwrite with a yamaha 102 (about $600).   Once you
make the iso image you can mount it up using -loop and give it a try before
you use cdwrite.   Also you direct the output of mkisofs to a partition and
mount
this up without using  -loop ( this is useful for testing out distributions
like debian
before we burn the CD)

	mkisofs -o /mnt/deb.iso -R -P lsl  /mnt/distributions/debian

	cdwrite -s 2 -D /dev/sgc --yamaha /mnt/deb.iso

If you don't have a CDROM burner but do have a 4mm or 8mm tape you can
direct the output to the tape and send this off to the CDROM plant ... We
did this
for our first 5 or 10 CDs back when the burners were ~ $4000.

-Dan
Linux System Labs  http://www.lsl.com