Re: minor DNS problem

Hi Andrew, You wrote:
 Andrew> I can connect to machines on the local ethernet fine, using
 Andrew> numeric IP addresses (can't see outside the local domain, due
 Andrew> to the firewall, but that's another story..). Also, I can
 Andrew> connect using name instead of number for a couple of machines
 Andrew> I put into /etc/hosts by hand.
 Andrew>
 Andrew> My /etc/host.conf file says order hosts,bind multi on
 Andrew>
 Andrew> and /etc/resolv.conf says search bath.ac.uk nameserver
 Andrew> 138.38.32.3,138.38.32.46

I am not sure about this, maybe I am wrong, but AFAIK you can't do

nameserver 0.0.0.0,0.0.0.0

I.e using commas in one namserver line, split it into 2 lines with
trailing "nameserver" for each one of them.

borik