Re: dpkg-split

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 14:04:57 -0800 Thanh Ngo <wtxn@msg.ti.com> writes:
>I downloaded Perl.deb package from internet in order to
>install on my machine at home. The size of this package is more than
>2M.
>In the FAQ of Debian said , there is a program called dpkg-split in
>ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/tools directory. Run this program in DOS
>and
>it will split the file into smaller size fitting on 1.44 floppy disk.
>I could not find this progran in tools directory.
>Anybody knows where I can find this dpkg-split program.
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Thanh Ngo
>

>--
>debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to
>Bruce@Pixar.com

I have just begun, my linux life, but I may be willing to suggest that
you mount your dos  partition in linux, personally I find it a lot faster
when installing *.deb files.  Although some errors do come up.

Also, any suggestions on editing my fstab file to have both my hda1 and
Windoze 95 hda2 auto-mount on startup.  I tried to stab at it myself, and
did create a directory "c" in root to mount hda1.  Currently I have to
type cd / | mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /c, every time I start up so that I
can load in packages that have been downloaded from ftp sites.

Thanx.

Jason Wood

Windows[n.]- another pane in the glass.
Want a laugh and learn about me:  http://www.ccil.org/~wood/
[my html/java is crippled, so beware... don't use Micro$oft I-Explorer,
use Netscape 3.x]
Have a great day/night whatever, I don't seem know 1 from the other.