Comm problems

I believe I asked this question several months back, but don't recall
if I received an answer..

Upon bootup I receive the message while it's setting up the serial
ports..

/dev/cua0 no such device
/dev/cua1 no such device
/dev/cua2 no such device
/dev/cua3 no such device

Now, I modified /etc/rc.boot/0setserial to manually configure my
ports, and I *CAN* connect with PPP and Minicom...
eg.

setserial [insert irq & port info here] spd_hi

The problem is many CRC errors that occur while I'm connected.

Any suggestions?