Re: emergency action

> > im curious, being not so familiar with debian as i am with solaris, if i
> > somehow edit a file which on reboot, prevents my debian box from
> > rebooting, is there a way to get back into the box and edit out my
> > changes?
> Well, you just do the same thing you would for Solaris, except that
> instead of a CD you have to boot with you have disks. Debian also

As long Lilo, fstab, and the kernel have not been messed up, you can also do
this without having to use disks.

When the LILO prompt appears, press a shift key.  Then type "Linux -emergency"
and it should take you to the shell prompt.

You may also try "Linux 1" if Linux -emergency doesn't work.

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |