The Java Package

I've installed the following packages:
jdk-apidocs     1.0.2-1        Java 1.0.2 API.
jdk-common      1.0.2-3        JDK (Java Development Kit)
jdk-static      1.0.2-3        JDK (Java Development Kit) - Static part

I keep getting an error like:
java was not found in /usr/lib/jdk/i486/bin/java
and the binary isn't there.
Are there some more steps I need to take to set this up or is this
a bug? From what I see, things should be working fine.