Re: Inexpensive color printer experience

I have a Canon BJC-4100 color printer that sells for between $200-300.
I've been using it for several months now with slackware using APSfilter
and Aladdin ghostscript.  Prints all postscript files painlessly.  You
just lpr foo.txt or foo.ps and APSfilter decides what needs to be done.
Actually APSfilter converts all files to postscript and then uses gs to
print them.  Color PostScript works too!  No need to spend money on a
PostScript printer, just let your cpu do the job for you and it's free.

Disclaimer: I just installed debian recently and haven't tried out the
debian versions of APSfilter and gs.  Also, I don't think the current
version uses the full resolution of my printer.

--Bob