Re: New login logs everybody

mat@guillaum.via.ecp.fr (Mathieu GUILLAUME) writes:

> Hi. It seems the latest login package now puts every login process in
> /var/log/auth.log, instead of the former root logins, su and login
> failures. Is there any way to revert to the former behavior without
> having to revert to the former package ? If so , which one ?

Short of recompiling, no.  Apparently it's an upstream source change,
but I agree it's overzealous so I'll take it out but add an option to
turn it on: -l.  I need to release a new version anyway as I forgot to
turn on the suid bit.  (not a terribly big deal actually, but
otherwise you can't change ids with `exec login').

Guy