Re: A proposal to improve dselect

> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > I don't use emacs, but to me dselect seems to be already too
> > emacs-oriented. For example, searching for a package is done with /,
> > but how do you repeat the search? I haven't studied the help
> > in much detail, but for me the answer is "I don't know" presently.
>
> It's "\".

Ahh, of course.  <bashes head on brick wall. Still no enlightenment ..>

> "/" isn't a special key in emacs. Lotus 1-2-3 maybe.

And vi, and less, and even lynx. The former two both use a single
/ (with no arguments) to repeat the previous search. Suggestion,
then: dselect should implement more vi-isms if any, in search
of increased intuition.

> > (vi fan)
> Oh, well. In that case, click here:   o
> ;-)

Very droll. :-)

Hamish
(using elm on a character terminal, over modem from Telix on DOS,
as it happens. AND a 1-2-3 fan :-)