Re: xterm color

    >> However, when I added the contents of the following file
    >>
    >> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color
    >>
    >> to my .Xresources file and restarted X, the colors started to
    >> work.

    Michael> So is Debian X finding the app-defaults files at all?

On my system at least, there is no 'xterm-color' binary, so, if I
understand things correctly, when I run 'xterm', only the XTerm
app-defaults file is checked, not XTerm-color.  Thus, even though I am
running a color-enabled 'xterm' binary, it doesn't know I want color
and, since color is turned off by default, the display is in black and
white until I change the resources.

So, I'm not sure whether this is a Debian bug or not?  Certainly, most
people running Debian have color monitors, so perhaps it would be
reasonable to have xterm colors turned on by default.

--
Nathan L. Cutler
Linux Enthusiast