FTP install and PPP/SLIP

Alright, I've seen this question several times. Once before I was the one
asking it. But I have yet to get an answer to it. I THINK that I want to
install Debian. Partially because the option of installing off of an FTP
server sounds very enticing, but I have a SLIP/PPP connection. Now does the
base system disk set come with a way to do this? i.e. dip, pppd, etc, TIA
Slirp whatever, or is there another package or set of packages you must
download prior to attempting to install?