Re: X-wm question.

> ------------1DB1685947973
>
>  Hi to all,
>
> how can it be managed, that ONLY the programms available and installed
> would appear in the X-windowmanager's menues?? Someone told me that an
> other distribution, not Debian!!, would perform all entries in the
> .xwmrc during the installation. I'd like to know, whether this is
> possible in debian too?? If not, I would propose to implement a
> procedure like this. Currently all entries have to be performed by hand,
> right??

He is wrong! (but he used to be right about debian).
Install menu-0.9, and a window manager that supports
the menu package (at the moment I know of only fvwm95 rev-9,
olvwm (debian rev -2), and pdmenu (not a X window manager) that
support it directly.

If you want the menu's in other wm's read /usr/doc/menu/examples/README
If your wm isn't in that dir (/usr/doc/menu/examples/), please
mail me, and I'll write a config file for it (but as far as I
know the only wm I don't support is gwm).

BTW what wm is .xwmrc the config file for?

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl