nfsiods?

Hi all,

	I'm getting lambasted by our network administration for "killing a
subnet with NFS traffic".  Before he and I discuss the future of my
machines, I'm trying to clean up whatever mess I can, so my machines can
hide away on his network management station.  Which brings me to the
question:

	What script starts the four nfsiod's that are on my stock, Debian
1.2 system (not upgraded from 1.1, but not necessarily 1.2.1)?  How can I
prevent them from even starting at boot time?

A "grep nfsiod *" in /etc/init.d provides nothing.  Ideas?

Thanks,

  --Pete