Compaq PPro and SCSI driver

Hi

The other day I posted a message concerning Debian on a Compaq Dual PPro - I got a reply from Dale Martin to try to find a costum build kernel - none on ftp.debian.org - but on debian.crosslink.net I found a buzz directory with some different kernels (special_boot-6.bin is the one we used) - we are a bit further now since we get to a place where both SCSI disks are recognised (Compaq and IBM) and then follows:

	ncr53c875-0: restart (ncr dead ?)

now its like its restating:
	ncr53c875-0: <target 0, lun 0> WIDE SCSI (16 bit enabled.
   	- do -       - do -         FAST SCSI-2 100ns (20 mb/sec) offset 8

then the system hangs - what to do now ??

Karsten