Re: Tecra Rescue Disk

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Kirk Hilliard wrote:

> With some help from Martin Stromberg I have built a temporary
> replacement rescue disk for Toshiba Tecra 700 series laptops.  (They
> cannot boot a normal bzImage loaded by lilo.)  It has the same generic
> 2.0.27 kernel as in the 1996-12-8 resq1440.bin rescue disk, but with
> Jens Maurer's kernel patch.  This should help out until the new boot
> disks arrive.
>
> You can find my resq144t.bin at
> http://www.math.virginia.edu/~kdh5j/debian/tecra730
>
> Kirk Hilliard

Thanks for working so fast on this!  This is great.  I have some
bad news to report though.  I did the upgrade to 5.80 BIOS for
the 720 and the problem persists.  I sent Jen mail about it.
Your rescue disk works fine though.  Now I just need to install
that kernel.  Any idea how to do that?  I tried "activating" an
older kernel (2.0.6) but I can't run lilo correctly.  I tried to
do a chroot, but it gives an error about not being able to
resolve 'chroot' symbols.  This is probably on account of the
slimmed down libc on the recue set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Richard G. Roberto