Re: X11R6 package in Debian 1.2 bugs (?)

Pete Templin wrote:

> Read the man page on ftpd, or simply add /usr/bin/tcsh to /etc/shells (the
> short answer to RTFM).  The ftpserver checks to see if you have a valid
> shell before allowing you to log in.

People are sometimes quick to yell out RTFM! There's something
a little more subtle going on here - I've experienced the same
problem and have read ftp documentation extensively trying to
resolve the problem.  /usr/bin/tcsh was indeed in my /etc/shells,
but no luck.  After reading the previous post, just for the heck
of it, I entered /bin/tcsh in /etc/shells, and now it works.  Note
that /bin/tcsh is a symbolic link to /usr/bin/tcsh.

Now I don't profess to be an expert on this, and I'm sure if I dig
around for the next four weeks, I might find the solution to this,
but the original poster had a valid problem report which RTFM
really isn't going to solve for him!

--
   Don Morton                          donm@cameron.edu
   Department of Math Sciences         Voice (405) 581-2396