Re: problem with suid perl scripts in Debian 1.2

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> >
> > Christopher E. Stefan writes:
> >
> > >After upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 none of my suid-perl scripts worked
> > >anymore.  I ended up having to put C wrappers around all of them.
> >
> > I reported this as a bug a while back, don't recall the number.  A bit
> > disappointing to see so little reaction.

> Didn't someone already post some sort of dpkg bug in which suidperl
> is superceded by the regular perl or something? (Check the bug list.)

Some further information:

Kernel is 2.0.27 custom configured and hand compiled from the main linux
kernel distribution (in otherwords this is not from the 2.0.27 Debian
kernel source package)

perl seems to be complaining about suid scripts not being disabled in the
kernel.

I had no problems with suid perl scripts under Debian 1.1 with the same
kernel.

Christopher E. Stefan                        flatline@ironhorse.com
http://www.ironhorse.com/~flatline           finger for PGP key
System Administrator                         Phone: (206) 783-6636
Ironhorse Software, Inc.                     FAX:   (206) 783-4591