Re: No ftp? Have I missed something?

  Well, I'm not one of the developers so I can't answer for them... but I
agree that its a great distribution.

  I don't use dselect... I did as you and used dpkg straight from the command
line, for more or less the same reason... it was crying about dependancies
when I already had the package, like X11 and other packages which I had
compiled and installed myself.

  But the problem with 2-10% error over the net... well, I have precisely
the same problem here.  The package collector routine, doesn't collect
packages on the fly, and only request resend of damaged packages... but seems
to stop the transmission and request a restart.