Curious thing about 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade problems

I've been living off the unstable tree for almost a year. Back when the
version was 0.95r6 or something like that.

I really haven't had any problems to speak about, and certainly
not all the problems that people are writing about when upgrading
1.1 -> 1.2.

One reason may be that I just don't have as many packages installed,
but I was wondering if anybody had any other explainations as to why many
small incremental upgrades over the months seems to be more stable (in the
sense of installations not breaking) than making larger leaps from
point release to point release.

I'd really like to hear that my observation is indeed false, since
upgradability is, of course, one of our major claims for Debian.

...RickM...