Re: System Time Question

jroesch@sensormatic-vpd.com (John Roesch) writes:

> Beyond that, what is the best method for setting up system time?  Should
> I set CMOS time to GMT and use some sort of timezone info (which I don't
> know how to setup)?  Or??

# as root
unset TZ               # just in case you've accidentally set it
tzconfig               # set the time zone
date 0103143897        # set the internal clock
clock -u -w            # write internal->CMOS
vi /etc/init.d/boot    # set the GMT variable to "-u"

You'll be set.  If you require more accurate (< 1 ms) timekeeping,
install the ntp package.

Guy