Re: rescue disks for a tecra

[Klippa, klapp, kluppit]

> At http://www.cck.uni-kl.de/misc/tecra710/, Jens Maurer discusses the
> problem and gives a kernel patch which works around it, a patch which
> Bruce was going to incorporate it into the next set of boot disks.  I
> would try it myself as a service to other Tecra owners if I knew what
> went into the boot disks (possible just the rescue disk).  Can any of
> the developers out there help?

If it's a kernel patch, then all you have to do is recompile the kernel,
mount the rescue floppy on /mnt, copy the resulting vmlinuz to /mnt/linux,
and run /mnt/rdev.sh.

Note: You might have to adjust your path if you are not doing this as
      root, because the /mnt/rdev.sh needs to find rdev.

[Klippa, klapp, kluppit]

> Kirk Hilliard

Good luck,

							Martin S.