Re: Lilo

Franck LE GALL - STAGIAIRE A FT.CNET/LAB/FCI/PIH wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>         I've never heard about Lilo before and it seems to be something useful.
> What is it ? Where is it ?
>
>         Thanks
>         Franck

If you have a debian system with the base packages then you have
lilo (unless you opted against it in the install). Lilo is a
boot loader which allows you to load Linux or just about any other
operating systems selectively when your system starts up.

If for some odd reason you don't have lilo it can be found at

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/stable/binary-i386/base/lilo_19-1.deb

(or whatever debian mirror is closest to you). First though you should
'dpkg --list lilo' to see whether or not you actually have it.
If you do have it documentation can be found in /usr/doc/lilo.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com