Re: Dayly maintenance time (was Re: Innd problem)

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> According to Eloy A. Paris:
> > Was the time of the maintenance script changed from 6:42 AM in 1.1 to
> > 3 AM in 1.2?
> Yes, it has been changed to 03:08. However that is the setting in the default
> crontab. If you upgrade a working installation, the crontab will not be
> adjusted. You'll have to do that yourself: that's basic system administration.

I agree that it's basic system administration.  I also feel that each of
us has the right to run daily "operations" scripts anytime we please.  But
could those of us who do regularly upgrade working installations be
informed of this sort of change, if only in the interest of consistency?

  --Pete