Re: LibGif2

Asher Haig <ahaig@iglobal.net> writes:

> Does anyone out there know where I can get libgif2? Preferably in .deb
> form?
>
> Apparently I need it to be able to install KDE....

It is part of kdesupport package.  Unfortunatly, the other kde
packages needs a package libgif2 which is not provided by kdesupport.
I used --force-depends while installing kde, another solution would be
to change the kdesupport package to provide this libgif2 or to change
the other packages to not require libgif2 but kdesupport.

I just sent a bugreport to Kalle Dalheimer, the maintainer of these
packages.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie