redirection for netscape conference

Hi,

I want to run Netscape Conference on a PC behind an IP masquerading
firewall, to talk to the real world. So I need something to redirect
the ports.

I've looked at redir; I start it up standalone on the three ports
Netscape wants to use, but it seems to die straight away. This is not good.
I couldn't get it to redirect to another host at all in inetd mode;
it seems to get some garbage for the host name and give up.

The description for socket says it can redirect ports to another
host but neither the manual page nor the README give any suggestions
as to how this might be accomplished.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Hamish