Re: Printing problem solved

I really would not want to see debian-user on deja news ... deja-news is a
spam harvester's dream.  If deja-news picks it up, I would want to see all
articles from the gateway have an X-No-Archive: yes header inserted so
that the articles are ignored by deja-news.

I sometimes post an article to the newsgroups that I WANT saved in the
deja-news archives so I remove the X-No-Archive header in my news posting
... I am then deluged with spam for about two weeks until I get all the
spammers into my exim filters and databases.

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, David Stern wrote:

> > On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, David Stern wrote:
> >
> > > with your resources.  DejaNews (http://www.dejanews.com) searches the
> > > Debian List, so if you have a question which you think is likely to be
> > > common (I'd imagine configuring a deskjet is somewhat common), you
> > > might try searching the list archives there--Debian doesn't have their
> > > own search engine.  [..]
>
> > [..snipped message asking where debian-users was at on dejanews..]
>
> I appear to have stuck my foot in my mouth.  Sorry about that.  I've
> used dejanews, and I have access to the linux.debian.users newsgroup
> via my nntp server, but I've never used them both together.  I did find
> a few messages posted to linux.debian.users at dejanews, so it's
> possible that it used to be there, but I can't say for sure.  I also
> found the linux.debian.* heirarchy, but debian-users wasn't there.
>
> Would someone in the know please give us the scoop on dejanews and
> debian-users?  If dejanews doesn't have debian-users, why is the rest
> of the debian list heirarchy there?  What would it take to get dejanews
> to carry debian-users?
> --
> David Stern
>
> kotsya@u.washington.edu
> http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kotsya/
>

> --

George Bonser
Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?
http://www.debian.org