Re: In the interests of standardation ...

Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > > I sangged the below from the Caldera mailing list. It describes a method
> > > that Red Hat has come up with so that packages can add themselves to the
> > > menus of different window managers when the package is installed. It is
> > > GPLed and looks like a good idea.
> > Debian already has the excellent menu package, that does just this. It's
> > been around for over a year now, and about 275 packages in unstable
> > currently use it.
>
>  And surely the RH solution works only with X programs..!

That's a good point, the debian one can be used for X programs, text
programs, and can even (if you're sneaky) bounce you out of X to run svgalib
stuff and return to X when done. Oh, and it is used for menus of html
documentation too.. Abritrary new typres of programs can be added easily as
well.

--
see shy jo