Re: Setserial problems.
- To: Dean Somji <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Setserial problems.
- From: Hamish Moffatt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 20:40:40 +1100
- Message-id: <19971228204040.62158@yodeller>
- In-reply-to: <01bd1368$ad4d6920$82bf11d1@default>; from Dean Somji on Sun, Dec 28, 1997 at 12:14:54AM -0800
- References: <01bd1368$ad4d6920$82bf11d1@default>
On Sun, Dec 28, 1997 at 12:14:54AM -0800, Dean Somji wrote:
> I tried running setserial on ttys1 (my modem on com2), but I get a I/O Error
> message all the time. I have checked permissions, but don't know what else
> to do. Please help. (BTW: I have checked various faq's and how-to's with
> little success.)
/dev/ttys1 is a virtual terminal, not a serial port.
You want to use /dev/ttyS1 (note capital S).
I just checked and using setserial on /dev/ttys1 does give
the error you describe.
Hope this helps,
Hamish Moffatt, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Latest Debian packages at ftp://ftp.rising.com.au/pub/hamish. PGP#EFA6B9D5
CCs of replies from mailing lists are welcome. http://hamish.home.ml.org
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .