Re: Mail!

Will Lowe wrote:
> If you want a simple,  powerful email/news client,  I recommend pine.
> It's nonfree because you can't redistribute it for profit,  but works
> good, and runs really well in an xterm ... I use it because it's what we
> use at school,  and I can run it without X across a dialup link when I
> have to.

IMHO, you haven't seen a goot MUA 'till you've seen Mutt. I'm still
running bo but I got this one out of hamm. It supports threading which is
wonderful for mailing lists and is highly configurable (and it's character
based, which I like). I could go on and on, but I left pine for what it
is.
Personally I prefer reading news with slrn (offline of course).
Also I would advice the originatoe of this thread to use fetchmail for
retrieving the mail. It has a simple pro: when fetching mail it just
forwards it to the SMTP port, so things like procmail can work from your
.forward file. I use it to put all my mailing list postings in separate
files.  _Very_ handy...

Cheers,
Rob.

--