Re: Setting up a PPP Server

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, G. H. wrote:

: I've been searching 2+ days in information on setting up Debian as a
: Dial-In PPP Server and have found NOTHING!
:
: Sure there's plenty of info on hooking up Debian to an ISP.  But I want
: Debian to BE an ISP.
:
: All I need is support for 2 incoming lines to connect us to our TCP/IP
: Network and Internet connection.  Can someone help me out with this?
:
: I would be very thankful and could possibly send you some of the hair
: that I've pulled out!! ;)
:
: Thanks..
:
: Greg Hively

Thanks to Tim Sailer, there's a cool site at http://www.buoy.com/isp .
The info there helped me build a rock solid RAS server out of an
abandoned 486, Equinox serial card, and a pile of 33.6 external modems.
This was all stuff that was going to be sold as junk or given away, as
it was no longer "cool" enough to use in our Win95 / OS/2 environment at
work - people were clamoring for dialup internet access from home and
now they've got it :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104