Another Darn Upgrade problem/question.

Hi,

I have fairly easily upgraded to hamm However I have had some uh ...
Kinks.

Heres the latest ...

I upgrades the ncurses packages to :
ncurses3.0
ncurses3.4

which seem to live together nicely from a debian perspective however when
I got the new Kernel source from ftp.kernel.org and untar'd it ....
I then tried to run make menuconfig .... and it went for awhile ... stuff
about loading default ... and then the screen cleard and I got a long
text paragraph tellling me that my ncurses setup was bad ...
specificly(SP) saying that it thought I had more than one ncurses package
installed.... How do I fix this ... I thought I could just purge the lic5
based ncurses (ncurses3.0) but alot of my system is still based off libc5
and libc5 nucurses .... short of upgrading everything what do I need to
do to fix the ncurses thing so I can compile the new kernel....

TIA....

-Kevin, kc5vxy
kc5vxy@REMOVETHIS.juno.com