Re: is anyone using NE1000?

On Sun, Dec 21, 1997 at 12:20:34AM -0500, Aaron Walker wrote:
> Has anyone successfully setup a NE1000 card (not a clone) using Debian
> 1.3.1 with the loadable kernel module.  I can't get my 486SX/25 with 8MB
> RAM to detect my NE1000 card.  I can only use loadable modules because
> there's no way for me to get the newest kernel to my 486 (no modem, no
> zip drive, etc.)  If anyone has successfully done this, I would
> appreciate your help.  Thanks very much.

The ne module handles both NE2000 and NE1000 cards. Just add
ne to your /etc/modules, and something like

options ne io=0x280 irq=10

to /etc/conf.modules.

An original NE1000 might need a shared memory address too,
but I can't tell you how to set that up because I've never needed to.
Try it and see though.

Hamish