Re: ifconfig alias option

You will have to recompile your kernel to support network aliasing.
This option is under the menu "Network Options".  There is also a mini
howto to get you started:
  http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/IP-Alias

Hope that helps you.

Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875