Networking Info?

I'm looking for some general info on setting up a linux network ... I
understand the basics of TCP/IP and ethernet,  but I've got no expereince
in something like this.  Basically I'm setting up a network on which only
one machine will have an externally-visible IP address,  and some of the
others may get masqueraded through it,  but I'm mostly concerned that the
machines be able to talk amongst themselves.

For example:  Is it better to buy an ethernet hub than to simply put a
couple of cards in the gateway machine?  Are there other considerations?

The gateway machine will also have to be a news/mail/web server,  'cuz
it's the only one anybody outside can see...

If anyone can point me in the direction of some good docs for something
like this,  I'd be appreciative.

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|            If at first you don't succeed,  redefine success.           |
|	            -- Taken from Hennesey and Patterson,                |
| _Computer_Organization_And_Design_:_The_Hardware_/_Software_Interface_ |

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .