Re: pdf to text converter

On Tue, Dec 16, 1997 at 02:42:15PM -0500, Paul asked:
> Hi everybody, Is there a package that will converts *.pdf files to text
> file format.  Thanks in advance.

On Tue, Dec 16, 1997 at 10:05:23PM +0200, Heikki Vatiainen suggested:
> I have pdftotext installed, it comes with the xpdf package. If you are
> using the unstable distribution see non-free/text section and for the
> stable distribution see the text section.

Another option is to use "pstotext"; for extracting text from PDF you need
at least ghostscript 3.51, such as the "gs-aladdin" package from non-free.

HTH,
Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would